#MediaSnack Meets: Gerry D'Angelo, Procter & Gamble
How can you be an effective media director in a complex and fast-moving media industry?
This is just one of the insights shared in this #MediaSnack Meets with Gerry D'Angelo the Global Media Director of P&G, the world's largest advertiser.
We cover a lot of ground quickly in this special episode and Gerry shares a ton of his wisdom and insight learned through 20 years rising to the very top of the industry.
- What does a Global Media Director do?
- How ad fraud is still a major concern for advertisers
- You should treat a media budget like your own money
- How to manage internal stakeholders and improve their knowledge of media
- The importance of defining your company's operating model for media within the marketing organization
- The challenges and opportunities that come with corporations placing increased scrutiny on how media dollars are invested
- How marketers are approaching the threat of 'direct to consumer' brands
- What are the skills that make a good modern media director?
- Gerry's approach to the trend for in-housing
Finally, we discuss whether, in a world in which media will increasingly be bought in a biddable / auction process, large scale still matters to large advertisers or will they lose their competitive advantage.
Gerry D'Angelo LinkedIn
Gerry D'Angelo Twitter
How Brands Grow by Byron Sharp
Interview with Gerry D'Angelo at Festival of Media - May 2017 - Media Transparency: Clean up the Supply Chain to Invest in Growth